Wednesday 8 August 2012

A bit off topic army list thinking

Now usually I don't tend to think to far ahead, and that's with pretty much everything. But in saying that, I am thinking about the next fantasy tournament in which I will be attending in October (Skitterleap). And I was having a think about what type of army I should bring. Here is what I've come up with

Runesmith, 3x Rune of Spellbreaking, Shield-147
BSB, Gromril, Resistance, Challenge-165
36 Hammerers, Standard & Musician-450
36 Hammerers, Standard & Musician-450
40 Warriors, GW, FC-425
16 Rangers, Crossbow, GW, Musician-229
Cannon, Forging, Burning, Engineer-145
Cannon, Forging, Engineer-140
Organ Gun-120
Organ Gun-120

The idea behind this was twofold. First, I usually don't do to well against highly competitive army lists, so I wanted something stable that would be very hard to get points out of (yes, a points denial army) but something that can dish out damage. It is also very important to avoid big losses especially against these very tough lists which exploit those losses very well. Second (which I'm assuming) every army is limited to the 450pt max per unit as per tournament rules, I decided to fill those out with two Stubborn Hammerer blocks to hold the flanks (and hold it they shall!), and like always bring the steady kills of the organ guns and the stability and accuracy of the cannon over the go big or go home grudge throwers. Hopefully, this would deplete everything that would come my armies way to a size that's comfortable and less scary for my blocks to handle. The double Organ Guns also provides protection for my cannons against warmachine hunters that are present in EVERY list that includes something worth killing off with a cannon. On and added bonus, there are just some builds that will have a really tough time dealing with my army. Lastly, the Rangers put some pressure on my opponent during his deployment and its pretty easy to find a safe haven where they can preserve their points if needed.

I'll need to buy another 36 more hammerers (Mantic of course, works out to be only 50 bucks instead of GW's 363 dollars ...) for this list, I need to actually put my money where my mouth is and paint them up as skitterleap has a fully painted army requirement, but I'm pretty confident I can get another 36 models painted up in time. 


2 comments:

  1. Buy 54 more hammerers you mean :)
    I do eventually want myn back you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, I meant to say 54, just give me an email or ring whenever you need or want them back.

    ReplyDelete